Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tractor Shed Build - Just getting started

My biggest project of this summer is most likely going to be the tractor shed that I am building by hand. 
Last winter I stored the tractor in the garage - but I am pretty sure that Becky really wants her parking spot back.So I'll be putting up a tractor shed.

The goal of this project is to have a place to store the tractor and our utility trailer. The plot is cleared - now I just need to get on the building it part.

As per usual, I will be building everything out of what I have on hand and as cheaply as possible. Here is the first beam that I have cut by hand. You can see how I hew a beam here - Hand Hewing Beams

 
And here is a second beam that I am just getting to work on. If you look closely you can see part of a homemade log dog (basically a giant log staple) that I just finished making out of rebar. I'll post a walk through for this in a later post.
Well that's basically all I have for now. I'll keep you updated on the progress as I go along. For now it's just a matter of finding enough time to cut all of the beams and then I can start assembly.

- Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment