Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Cabinet Door Shelf


My wife got these two cabinet doors for free and asked me to make a set of shelves to hang on the wall.



1) I started by cutting the doors at a 45 degree angle on my table saw and gluing them together. 


2) Here you can see the backside of the shelves and the corner bracket I made for the clamps to attach too.
I cut this out of some leftover boards I had lying around



3) I then took a couple of pieces of pine and cut out the shelves. I had to use two pieces and glue them together.



4) Here are the shelves glued and nailed into the cabinet doors. you can see the first coat of stain on the shelves as well.



5) These are the left over pieces from the cutting on step one. I decided to use these to cap the front of the shelves for decoration.


6) Here is the finished shelving with the decorative pieces glued on the front.
If you have any questions please let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment