Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Goggin Family Crest

For Christmas a couple of years ago I made shields for my Mother and my Father in Law with their family crests painted on them.

Unfortunately I don't have the picture of the making of this sheild. The good news is that you can find a great set of instructions here - Make a Shield Walkthrough

Basically I built a curved press, I cut 2 pieces of plywood to the shape of the shield, and glued them together while clamping them over the press. This way, when the glue set, it keeps the curve. It's hard to see the curves with the way that I took the pictures.

Here is the finished shield blank.


Next I glued on the canvas and painted my Mother's family crest on it by hand. I'll post the other finished shields later.

Finished Shield - Goggin Family Crest.

No comments:

Post a Comment